Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Above Ground (AG) Pool Gallery

Default Re: Above Ground Pool Gallery

Mammallama-
    What is that beautiful blue material surrounding your pool deckside? Blue carpeting? Blue tile? ???? What is underneath it? Wood 2x4's? Aluminum decking?
    Just dying to know- the first pic makes it look very inground!
    Hey, I just noticed- The water is moving in your pool-you must have the pump running !!!

~hoffmans

Here are a few of mine. I will add some more as I snap them. Just finished the house a few weeks before the pool was done so I haven't done the land scraping or grass yet.

Last edited by PoolDoc; 02-01-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: fix pics

Tpope is offline ** No working email address ** Tpope 0

Hey I like the gator. Where did you get that floater? How much was it....

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

This is an older picture of my pool, and, yes, it IS A/G. But it looks the same...

This is looking at the back of the house--it's attached to our deck:

and this is the gate look from the back of the house.

I did all the design work on all the woodwork on the deck and rails, designed and laid out the foundation and acted as my own GC.

The decking around the pool is all hollow panels and water gets pumped through them. So it's a solar heated pool, and the circulating water keeps the deck from burning your feet. Credit for that goes to FantaSea, who built the basic pool and solar decking. It's a custom size: 16'x40' with a 5'6" deep section. They usually do 20'x40' and 16'x32', or 12'x40' for lapping.

Since it's all cedar, every picket had to be milled by me, the gate is my own design, mortised and tenoned because I couldn't STAND the idea of a diagonal on the gate. Even the sill plate under the gate is custom-made by me. It's GREAT at keeping your toes from getting bashed. In 4 years, nobody's have been bashed by it! It's all to BOCA and town codes and passed inspections with no problem.
    Last edited by CarlD; 06-25-2006 at 05:45 PM.
    Carl

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

It is absolutely beautiful! It must be wonderful to sit there and think that you did it yourself! Best of luck, and happy swimming.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Thanks! We really love it! It's not as fancy as some of our neighbors' I/Gs, but it really has a different look and complements the house. Plus it's long enough to be a real lap pool--my personal criterion of ANY pool.

Next job, though is to push out the pool's own deck. I can only go one direction--to the right of the gate in the gate picture, or the end fence you see in the in-the-pool pic. I want to be able to sit IN the enclosure without having to go thru the gate. It's a smaller job, but I'm still planning it in my head before I start in on formal plans--and we have to start cutting more pickets!!!! I think I have most of it licked.
    Carl

Carl, your pool is georgeous!

We also liked the idea of sitting in the pool area so we attached one (long) side of the pool to the existing deck. Hubby did a pretty good job at deciding where to dig for the pool. (We'd bought it second hand and installed it ourselves). ALOT if work, but worth the $$ it saved us.

I like the idea of the solar heating through the pool decking. Ours is made of tongue and groove aluminum panels that get hot, hot, hot when you're walking on them with dry bare feet. (I don't notice the heat when I'm wet). Would be nice to channel that heat into the pool!

Default Love to see pics of your pools too! Here's mine...

I'll start by showing mine. Seeing as we all keep each other's pools "in check" I thought "Gosh, I'd love to see everyone's pool pictures. I'm suprised we don't have a room for that....I know, I'll start with mine!". So, here is the "donut" pool you all are helping me with.

This is Carisa. She is 9 months old and we start our official swimming lessons on the 3rd of July. This is the "come home and practice" pool.

Thank you all, for helping me maintain this pool!

[Admin: attached pictures lost during vBulletin upgrade.]
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-18-2014 at 10:04 AM.

faithfulfrank is offline ** No working email address ** faithfulfrank 0

Here are a few pics of my 30' AG pool. We dug it into a small slope, so the lowest side towards the house is only 20 inches off the ground. These pics are more of the deck...I'll try to get more of the pool. I hope this works!

I designed and built the house myself, and designed and built the deck, installed the pool, etc, myself. Since these pics, I added white vinyl lattice under all the decking.
    Frank D.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 02-02-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: fix pics

Closed Thread