+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EcoFinish Aqua Brite pool coating

Default EcoFinish Aqua Brite pool coating

Does anyone have experience with EcoFinish Aqua Brite? It is a thermalplastic pool coating that is supposed to be fade resistant, scratch resistant, crack resistant, etc. and it comes with a 10 year warranty. I am considering refinishing my pool with this or Diamond Brite, but I'm very confused. Aqua Brite looks interesting, but I can't find any good information on the web. I'd be interested in hearing about your good and bad experiences.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: EcoFinish Aqua Brite pool coating

I'd recommend against EcoFinish:

1. It's a new product and new company, untested in pool use. (Trademark application was filled less than a year ago!

2. A warranty means nothing, unless the company is still around when you make claims. The earliest evidence of this company's operations are in 2009: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/-a0207060263 That's 5 years ago, at most. A 10-year warranty from a 5-year old operation is meaningless. (Carleton Pools has been around much longer, but the EcoFinish appears to be under separate corp -- I very much doubt you could make claims against Carleton for EcoFinish).

3. The parent company has some problematic reviews: https://www.google.com/search?q=+car...ools+complaint

4. On the PLUS side, Carleton has a A+ BBB rating . . . but that doesn't always mean what it seems. The BBB reports 9 significant complaints, with less than half closed in a way that satisfied the customers.

5. The EcoFinish process appears to be a plastic powder coat process. I would assume that this could work on pools . . . but there's simply no track record. My guess is that success would depend, at least in part, on METICULOUS surface prep. Given that 90+% of the pool guys I've known don't do "meticulous", I'd be pretty skeptical.

Possibly, if you set up a non-pool applicator company, purpose organized and staffed to do high quality applications, it might work. But I'm guessing you aren't prepared to be the guinea pig used to see if "they've got it right now".

All references (YouTube, BBB, RippedoffReport, PissedoffConsumer, WHOIS, Justia, etc) archived, as HTML & screen caps, in "EcoFinish" folder on 12Apr2014.

Thank you for the quick reply. You have confirmed what I have been thinking, but it's good to get a second opinion.

I did a search before posting my new post asking about Aquabright and nothing came up, but after this one did under similar posts. I know it's been 7 years, but do you have any new information about this coating?
    20'x34' rectangle 17.9K gal IG vinyl liner over concrete wall pool; Goldline T-15 SWCG; Hayward 4280 DE filter; Hayward 3400 VSP pump; Taylor 2006C ; utility water ; Hydramatic pool cover ; PF:6.7

+ Reply to Thread