+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New liner help

Default New liner help

Looking for the best/easiest way to install new 18x33 overlap liner. We have had leaks in the past and I know we will need to replace the concrete dust that was used to level the bottom of the pool, some of it had to of washed away, so that we will have to tackle once we get the caps off & old liner out. When the original liner was installed they sealed everything off and used a shopvac to suck the liner to the pool walls before putting the water in, but I was hoping there may be some tricks of the trade out there for installing. Thanks in advance.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: New liner help

I'm no expert on this but I do know that getting the bottom level, even, and the right depth is important. Two tricks I've seen is using wet sand (or dust) and using 2' x 2' pieces of 1/2" plywood to step on when doing the final leveling and smoothing, and never putting a foot on the bottom. Use the plywood when standing on the liner as well to protect the base.

The shop-vac is necessary.

Other than that, others will have to help you.
    Carl

Ok finally going to start this have liner and new soft feet foam to install caps off but liner still in I am off on weds & thurs so baring rain I should be able to get the liner out this week
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Yeah, the rain's been a killer for me too. I've bought tarps just in case, to reduce re-grading time.
    Carl

New liner in and filled some small wrinkles but I'm guessing they will work their way out on their own. 6 bottles of 8.25% in to keep at shock level starting to clear up nicely. It was a struggle but it's done hopefully for the last time.
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

Oh, I know THAT feeling: "This is the LAST time I'm doing this!"
    Carl

Took about 3 days to get crystal clear, let it get down to 4ppm chlorine & added stabilizer need to do 1 more vacuum to clear the bottom of some sediment from the water, but got in it today to stir the dirt & let the filter clean some if it, water temp 68 but once you were in it was nice. Now if mother nature could get me a week or so of 80's to warm it up a bit more will be party time.
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

Congrats! How's it going now?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread