+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old style pool sweep

Default Old style pool sweep

Does anyone know where I can find one of the old style floating pool sweep? I'm looking for one that floats and runs on return water pressure for propulsion and powering a couple of long whips. This type of sweep keeps particles suspended and sucked up by floor drain or skimmer. We had one in the early 90's and it worked quite well and was simple to maintain. I just had another gunite pool installed and can't find that type of sweep.

Thanks!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Old style pool sweep

You are thinking of something like the Polaris 165, for inground pools. They still sell them--about $300. I have one....somewhere. Check the online dealers. poolsupplies.com has it listed.

Uses the return pressure, floats on the water, with a piece on the bottom. Throw cotton balls into the bag to pick up smaller stuff.
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I found the sweep I was looking for - it is a Jandy Energy Sweep. I isn't being made anymore but does anyone know of a sweep that is similar? It really was a great product and I'm surprised it has gone by the waste side. I sent an e-mail to Jandy to see if they had any unsold on the shelf - haven't heard back. If anyone knows of one - please let me know!!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

You might try eBay.

You'd be surprised, I'm guessing, how many people prefer new and cool to old and functional.

Me? I *love* my 40 year old Parker fountain pen, when I'm writing longer, complex stuff -- I find I think better writing by hand than typing. For pool stuff, though, typing's faster.

+ Reply to Thread