+ Reply to Thread

Thread: concrete bottom pool with stainless sides, sealant for the concrete/wall joint?

Default concrete bottom pool with stainless sides, sealant for the concrete/wall joint?

Re-doing a concrete bottom pool that has stainless sides/ no liner, NEED sealant for the concrete/wall joint? soneone told me to use a vulcan product? maybe vulkem? not sure of the spelling? Also where the stainless walls join there has been a sealant added there as well....i assum they must have been leaking.....sooo is there a sealant for a caulk gun that will work in both these locations?

thanks

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: concrete bottom pool with stainless sides, sealant for the concrete/wall joint?

There are probably some Vulkem (https://www.tremcosealants.com/) products that will work. Identifying them may be a bit of a pain. Companies like Tremco are generally reluctant to recommend one of their products for a 'mission-critical' application in a market that is not important to them. They look at it as a low-profit, high-risk market and often adopt a use-at-your-own-risk stance.

This product will probably work:
    http://www.kelleytech.com/olympic/ol...view.asp?ID=29

I looked on Amazon, but the price there is double what you should pay, so use Google for a better option.

Default Re: concrete bottom pool with stainless sides, sealant for the concrete/wall joint?

Thanks, Ben for the advice..

would you know of another product that might come in a stainless color/gray maybe? some of the wall seams also have caulk i guess where my dad thought they were leaking or just wanted to make sure they didnt! I know when this type of pool was built the seal for the wall seams were on the back ....so caulk on the water side must have meant a leaking wall panel........

thanks again for your advice, mack

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

For colors, call manufacturers . . . and be sure to ask them who STOCKS any extra colors they have.

+ Reply to Thread