Closed Thread

Thread: Neglected Vinyl AGP with Dead Dried Algae

Default Neglected Vinyl AGP with Dead Dried Algae

I purchased the pool in February*. It was emptied, folded up, and delivered on the same day. It smelled awful but it was still raining so we left it outside. I haven’t finished the ground preparation yet and decided to get started on cleaning the pool. We unfolded it and sprayed it with a high pressure nozzle and got rid of the sand and debris. I washed the support flaps pool with vinegar and water and a little bleach for stubborn stains. I just flipped it over and it was almost completely dry and covered with dead algae. The colors of algae found are, green/brownish, pink, and black. I started cleaning it with a solution of borax and bleach and used a stiff nylon brush to scrub off the algae. It takes a lot of scrubbing to remove the algae and it will take me several days to remove it at this rate. Would it be easier to set it up temporarily and put water in up to the watermark (1’) to get rid of the algae? The temporary location isn’t level but I have a Gorilla pad that I can set it on. Could I treat the water with chemicals that remove algae instead of scrubbing it off by hand? I had a smaller ABG and only got algae once. It wasn’t dry like this bigger pool but I was able to clean it using liquid pool chlorine and Algae prevention chemical. Please advise. Thank you.
    *I paid $250 plus $25 for delivery. It is 20’ long x 12’ wide and 48” deep. It came with all the hoses, and Pentair Clean and Clear filter CCP240, a Pentair Whisperflo ¾ hp energy saver pump, a Pentair Chlorinator 320, pump timer and a pool brush/sweeper, and a heavy retractable pool ladder. The equipment alone is worth a lot more than $250.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Neglected Vinyl AGP with Dead Dried Algae

You have another duplicate thread that Ben has already replied to you in so I am going to lock this one. Please don't start multiple threads with the same problem. It makes it really hard to help when the questions and replies are not all in the same place. We'll just continue with your other thread.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Closed Thread