+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex filter w/Summer Escapes 18'x48" pool?

Default Intex filter w/Summer Escapes 18'x48" pool?

I'd like to get a sand filter to replace the pump/filter that came with our Summer Escapes pool. I've read that Intex products aren't always compatible with Summer Escapes, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with using this Intex 2650 gal filter with this Summer Escapes 18' pool.

Are the incompatibilities I've seen mentioned just a matter of hose fitting sizes or are there other things I need to look out for when using Intex brand equipment with a Summer Escapes pool?

Default Re: Intex filter w/Summer Escapes 18'x48" pool?

No one has any input here? Maybe it's too early in the season for most people to be thinking about their pools. Unfortunately we're already headed to the mid 90's this week in AZ

Some more thoughts I've had on this matter:
    1) we have a lot of fine, light dust that blows around and ends up in the pool in the summer. The supplied cartridge filter and pump that came with the pool is useless for removing this stuff
    2) I had much success with a DE filter on our last pool (inground), but I don't see a lot of appropriately priced DE filters (i.e., < $200) for aboveground pools.
    3) I'll try the sand by itself first, but if that doesn't remove the fine dust to my liking, I'll probably add some DE to help catch the small stuff
    4) I'm worried that a motor on this pump is too strong (0.95 HP), and will push either a) the find dust I'm trying to remove or b) the DE I might add straight through the sand and back into the pool
    5) If this pool looks like it will be a fixture in our backyard, I might invest in an automatic cleaner like the Hayward AquaBug/Diver Dave/Wanda the Whale style. I'm under the assumption that this pump/filter has sufficient suction (but not too much).

So, does anyone have any experience with the pump/filter from my original post? Any thoughts on how it might fill the needs as I've described in this follow up?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Intex filter w/Summer Escapes 18'x48" pool?

Not sure what "incompatible" means unless it means the built-in fittings in the pool don't fit standard plumbing. Usually that means that the pool fittings are 1 1/4" vs 1 1/2" plumbing, but there are adapters.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread