+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello -- Getting started with a new Intex pool

Default Hello -- Getting started with a new Intex pool

Hi,

My name is Angie and I will soon be embarking on an above ground pool journey. I recently purchased an intex round 20' x 48" pool, with the salt water system. I have zero experience with pools but am really excited to get started. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions along the way and look forward to speaking with you all! Thanks for letting me join the group!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Hello

Hi Angie!
    You'll get lots of advice here! PoolDoc (Ben) has a whole plan for how to set up your initial water chemistry that's neither hard nor expensive.
    My first pool was a 15' round Intex Donut that I replaced about a dozen years when I upgraded to a 40'x16'. But we had 3 solid fun years with the Intex.

Important starting things:
    1) You MUST have a level site for the pool. Anything more than an inch across 20' will be a problem, and really 1/2" should be your tolerance. Be very careful of sticks, rocks, etc, that can poke a hole in your pool. A base of a couple inches or more of sand is best. You can put an Intex on grass if it's level, but Intex used to sell a ground tarp to protect the pool's bottom.
    2) Electricity must be close enough for your pump and must be ground-faulted. You can get a plug-in outdoor weather resistant time for $18-$20 at Home Depot and you'll love having it.
    3) Read how our B-B-B system works. With your SWCG, it will be a BIG help as you can augment the SWCG safely and easily.

Enjoy your pool! We are here to offer our best advice, but you gotta do all the heavy lifting!
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread