+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iAqualink won't connect to Aquapure chlorine generator

Default iAqualink won't connect to Aquapure chlorine generator

Just replaced my Jandy/Zodiac Aquapure control board with upgraded model so I can use iAqualink. Simple enough. Had the PDA version, pre 2007. Set up my account at Zodiac. I can connect to system, control pump, cleaner and lights. However when I choose "set Aquapure" from menu, I get an error saying: "AquaPure not found. Check RS485 and power connections." Aquapure was working with the PDA until the PDA's screen broke, hence my changing to iAqualink. I can control it from the keypad on the panel.

Could be problem be I still have the PDA connected to the new board? I'd appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: iAqualink won't connect to Aquapure chlorine generator

Membership upgraded.

Casey, we do well here with questions about pool chemistry and operations. We do pretty well with fundamental equipment and repair questions.

But, model specific electronic questions? Not so much. Interpreting cryptic electronic fault messages is generally the domain of factory service departments OR factory trained and experienced field techs. I'm posting your question, though. You may get lucky and get an answer from someone who happens to have the same exact equipment as you do, and who has resolved the problem. But I'd recommend that you not hold your breath waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile, here's what I'd recommend, in order:

1. Call Zodiac customer support, but only AFTER reading the manual carefully. If you don't know what's in the manual, you'll just get a rehash over the phone. Try to get through to a level 2 tech, by demonstrating that you've already read the manual, and done all the basics. If they can resolve the problem, great. If not, try to get the name of the most active AquaLink tech in the Atlanta area. Atlanta's big enough so that there's problem somebody there that knows those units backwards and forwards.

2. If you're not pressed for $$ and you just want to get it done, right, and soon, call that guy. Otherwise . . .

3. Post your questions -- including exact model & make info -- on PoolSpaForum.com. Unlike here, there are a lot of pool industry members who hang out there (and a lot of spammers, too) -- some of them can probably help, if they want to do so. But be wary -- there are a lot of bozos in the pool industry, too.

4. If you can't get anything from PSF.com, and can't solve it via Zodiac, and don't get lucky here . . . hire it fixed or start over with newer electronics.

Good luck!

Will do, thanks Ben. Did read both ops and installation manual first. Can't stand it when someone won't read their manuals! If I figure it out, I'll post an answer so its in the knowledge base, should anyone run into this issue again.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Thanks; that would be helpful.

If you can control the A/P from it's own panel, then it is not connecting to the automation. A/P LCD should display JA or JO when connected and "talking" to the automation. I would start there.
    4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

Factory Warranty/Service for: Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Red face Re: iAqualink won't connect to Aquapure chlorine generator

Well, I called Zodiac and level 1 dude said I needed an authorized tech out here. I pushed back and got his supervisor who said it should work, must be a bad board or a wire is loose. So I went back to the instruction sheet and double checked it to see if I missed something. Nope. Then went to the install manual and rechecked install procedures, nope. However, there was an intro paragraph I must have skimmed which said the cpu memory must be cleared before or after installation, and to "follow the prompts." So I went into the iAqualink web control's system setup and lo and behold was a button for clearing memory. Yup, that fixed it. Too bad Zodiac didn't suggest that. Ultimately my bad, should have read manual twice, open mouth, insert foot! Thanks for the replies. Cheers to all.

+ Reply to Thread