+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with SWCG (salt water chlorine generator) on inground pool

Default Problems with SWCG (salt water chlorine generator) on inground pool

I have an inground pool 18x36 vinyl liner with salt chlorinator. I'm having fits with the salt cell. It's jandy aquapure 1400. Even after the triple sensor has been replaced, I constantly get code 125 and 194. I can't get the water cleared up. Had this problem all last summer and barely got to use the pool. The only way we got the water clear was with tons of chlorine shock. I want to be able to enjoy the pool this year but I can NOT get this fixed! 😱😩 '

Im a single mom and need the cheapest quickest fix possible. Pretty pretty please!!! All advice greatly appreciated!!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Problems with SWCG (salt water chlorine generator) on inground pool

Here's the list of codes --

User level codes:

Dealer-only level codes:

As you can see, your code 194 is a dealer-level 'bad cell voltage' code, that generates a bogus code 125. I'm not familiar with repairs on the Aquapure, so I don't know if you are in a 'fix' or a 'must replace' situation . . . but either way, it's not going to be cheap.

HOWEVER, there's no reason why you can't use your pool, just because your SWCG has failed. A SWCG is just a *METHOD* of adding chlorine to your pool; there are many other methods (including pouring bleach in) that we cover here.

The starting place, for managing your pool effectively and economically, is accurate testing. That means NO test strips, whether used by a dealer or you. There's a link in blue signature block to the testkit info page.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread