+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ground support for the u bars(supports) on intex ultra frame pool

Question ground support for the u bars(supports) on intex ultra frame pool

what size does the pressure treated lumber need to be cut, under the u bar's (support system) for the intex ultra frame 12x24x52. Also, how thick does the pressure treated lumber need to be? I called intex customer support a few times and that certainly was a joke. My fist call resulted in the girl telling me to cut the lumber bigger than 12 x 24 x 52. the 2nd call they wanted to sell me the 18 ubars that go to the pool.

Help would greatly be appreciated as I am suppose have arrival of this pool tomorrow afternoon.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: ground support for the u bars(supports) on intex ultra frame pool- help please.

It looks like the U-Bars pass through a panel of reinforced vinyl that attaches to the bottom of the pool to form the triangle. It doesn't look like you need a reinforcement under it unless it is very soft ground. If so, I'd suggest pavers, but you'll want to dig it in so it's level with the ground and the vinyl panel lays flat on it. Pavers generally look nicer than pressure treated wood. The roughly 8"x16" pavers should do nicely, one under each U. They come in red or grey. You COULD do the same with 16" lengths of 2"x8" pressure treated--or cut them as you like.

Just my thought..
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread