+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shutdown spa?

Default Shutdown spa?

My spa is aboveground, 500 gallons and it is now march 2 and I was thinking would it be ok just to shut it off? It runs twice a day but I don't want to worry about stagnant water. How long to shut down for 5 months? It is also the heater that is costly. Any thoughts? Maybe just throw in bleach once a week????? Thanks Dave
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: Shutdown spa?

As long as the spa stays covered, I would just run the pump once a week to mix in some chlorine. That should be good enough but check the FC level before you add any chlorine just to make sure it is holding over. Also, you don't have to have the heater on to run the pump.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

Default Re: Shutdown spa?

thanks for the reply I will definitely shut off heater
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

+ Reply to Thread