+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much manual brushing is needed if I have an automatic pool cleaner?

Question How much manual brushing is needed if I have an automatic pool cleaner?

So i am trying to figure out while running a kreepy krauly everyday that vacuums the floor and walls "what areas do i need to brush?"

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: how much brushing with auto cleaners

Your question is one that can't be answered in advance, because it varies from pool to pool. An effective pool cleaner will reduce -- but not eliminate -- the need for manual cleaning.

But if you have crepe myrtles (crapping myrtles!) next to your pool, it won't reduce the need much.

Sorry . . .

. . . membership updated.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Keeping your chorine levels in range will also reduce the need to brush. Cuz, once you let them drop too low, it doesn't take long for slimy walls and floor to begin and then you'll really have to brush!

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Robotic cleaners that climb the walls like Blue Diamond and Dolphins do tend to brush the pool's walls and floor, but other cleaners don't.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread