+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to brush wall and floors?

Post Need to brush wall and floors?

My new pool was started up this past August. Religiously, I brush the tile, the gunite wall, and floor on a weekly basis. How important is it to continue to brush the floor if I use a Shark?
    Please advise.
    Thank you,

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Need to brush wall and floors?

Let me give you 2 different answers

Answer #1: In order to maintain your warranty rights against your pool contractor -- though we can all hope you won't need them -- brush the pool however the contractor said to brush. Do so, whether you 'need' to do so, or not. If you like, you can ASK your contractor if 'Shark-brushing' is adequate . . . but do your asking by email or s-mail, so you have a WRITTEN reply.

Answer #2: If the Shark 'brushes' the floor, then you don't need to do so. (I haven't watched one in operation, so I don't know.)

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Which Shark is it? The Hayward Tiger Shark is similar to the Blue Diamond, Dolphin and AquaBot robotic cleaners and these DEFINITELY brush the floors and walls of the pool. That's part of their charm! They brush, vacuum and filter the water! (all of the robotics are shaped like a house from the Monopoly game). The drawback? They are expensive, usually between $900 and $1500, depending on features.

If it is the Pentair Pool Shark or the Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark, they do NOT use the same robotic cleaner technology so I do NOT know if they brush the pool or not.
    Carl

Thanks, Carl. That's great news.
    I have the Hayward Shark XL.

Lourdes
    18'x36' rectangle, 21K gal gunite pool

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

That one's a little different than the typical ones. I'd still take Ben's advice and check with your builder if it qualifies.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread