+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robotic pool cleaner recommendation

Default Robotic pool cleaner recommendation

Hi Pool Doc..... I know you don't want people selling product but I'm looking for some suggestions.... Not sure if your ok with the following?

The hand me down Dolphin pool cleaner is no longer working. It was on it's last leg for the whole summer.. I'm not up to date on all the new technology but the Dolphin I had had a few major flaws. So I want to make sure I don't buy a new one with the same issues. The 2 major problems I've had are 1) the Dolphin gets stuck on my main drain in the deep end, I have 2 of them so it was always happening. 2) it struggles changing direction when it comes off the wall so it's not covering the whole pool.

Default Re: Robotic pool cleaner recommendation

Anyone have anything?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Robotic pool cleaner recommendation

The Dolphin's problem is the motors for the drive and vacuum are quite a bit smaller than other brands--about the size of an old-fashioned frozen OJ can. (Been there, done that). I've had better luck with a Blue Diamond with wireless remote. It's more primitive than the Dolphin, but the motors are much larger and more powerful. That doesn't mean you shouldn't investigate Aquabot, DirtDevil and other brands.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread