+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Tub Question

timmie is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst timmie 0

Default Hot Tub Question

I have a hot tub and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. My pump goes on for about 3 hours at a time and I am not sure how to turn this down. My electrical bill last month was 213.00. Can anyone help me with this? I dont remember the pump going on for this long last month and my electrical bill was very low.
    Thank you for all your help
    Timmie

CarlD is offline Super Moderator Quark Inspector CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Hot Tub Question

If your pump goes on for 3 hours a day, that's not the source of your bill. But if it's off for 1 hour, then on for 3, it could be. There's a timer somewhere on the system. Check with the manufacturer or your owner's manual for where that timer is.

I'm not knowledgeable about hot tubs.
    Carl

16'x40' rectangle 19K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward T210 sand filter and 2 Speed Superpump 1hp pump; Solar heated. Test kit: PS 233; PF:6.3; Autopilot SWCG

Default Re: Hot Tub Question

I was on vacation a few months ago and the cabin we stayed at had a standalone hot tub. That tub had a thermal sensor and would turn the pump and heater on whenever the water temperature got below the preset level. It's possible you've got a similar system, Timmie.

Make sure your cover is on the tub securely, consider reducing the temperature it's set to when not in use quite a bit.

Why is this thread in the china shop?
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

+ Reply to Thread