+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Closing pool, algaecide added and PH level real high now

Default Closing pool, algaecide added and PH level real high now

Getting ready to close the pool, vacumed, then added algaecide (60% polyquat), about 3 hrs later tested the water, and the PH which had been 7.6 the day before, was off the charts. When added the drops for acid demand, it just got pinker and pinker...never seen it do that. In researching the affects of algaecide, it doesn't appear it should affect the PH this way. Thoughts ?
    Also, is there a page on the pool forum that lists step by step instructions for closing your pool ? I seem to read so many different ways. I am doing this, vacuuming, adding algaecide, wait a few hrs, then shock the pool, then will drain, blow out lines, add antifreeze, cap the the returns, fill with water so over the jets, put the pool cover on.

Thanks.
    16x32 rectangle 15.5K* gal IG vinyl pool; BBB method using liquid chlorine (pre 2013: trichlor feeder); Haward S-210T sand filter; Hayward Super Pump pump; 24 hrs; ; Taylor K-2006 drops; utility water ; summer: none; winter: waterproof rayner safefty cover; iPhone; PF:9

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Closing pool, algaecide added and PH level real high now

I suggest getting the water adjusted first, then shutting down the pump and filter and blowing out the lines.
    Carl

Default Re: Closing pool, algaecide added and PH level real high now

My pool has been in balance all summer, it wasn't until I added the bottle algacide that the ph read very high. So I was wondering if that's a normal reaction of the ph because of adding algacide?
    Also, is there a page of closing instructions on the forum, I looked but just didn't see.
    Thanks.
    16x32 rectangle 15.5K* gal IG vinyl pool; BBB method using liquid chlorine (pre 2013: trichlor feeder); Haward S-210T sand filter; Hayward Super Pump pump; 24 hrs; ; Taylor K-2006 drops; utility water ; summer: none; winter: waterproof rayner safefty cover; iPhone; PF:9

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread