+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using an intex pool cover

Default Using an intex pool cover

I have a 15' Intex above ground pool.
    I have covered it for the Winter.
    I have not drained the water, as my intent is to just shock it again next Spring/Summer.
    Water is VERY expensive and I'm on a budget.
    My issue is that no matter how tight I tie off the cover, it "floats" on top of the water.
    Then the water in spots, slowly overtakes the cover, and it starts pulling in the cover from the sides.
    Is there a trick to this, or should I let some water out of the pool, so that the water level is below the cover?
    Any tips would help.

Default Re: Using an intex pool cover

you can try some car inertubes under the cover to float it up

You can get "pillows" to put under the cover. You could probably also use floaties or other pool toys (be prepared to replace them in spring, though). Put 'em in the middle under the cover to help raise it.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Pool-Co.../dp/B002WKO7C8
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

I tried that with one of my Floaties which was about 5" high.
    It took up too much of the slack in the cover and it wouldnt go all the way to the edge of the pool frame to tie it off.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagic View Post
    I tried that with one of my Floaties which was about 5" high.
    It took up too much of the slack in the cover and it wouldnt go all the way to the edge of the pool frame to tie it off.
    Then you need to drain off enough water so you can tie it off. If it's an Intex inflatable donut and your water will freeze, you are probably making a mistake.

BTW, inner tubes make good pillows too.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread