+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15' x 48" Intex Pool sinking on one side

Hybrid View

Default 15' x 48" Intex Pool sinking on one side

I bought an 15' x 48" intex metal frame pool, near the end of the season, one side of the pool started sinking through the tarp and into the ground. I want to prevent this from happening next season when I put it up. I have prepped the ground for where I'm going to place it next season. I was just wondering if anyone who has this type of pool have any useful tips for me to prevent the sinking? I also plan on purchasing the Rhino floor pad, should I purchase the same size as my pool 15' diameter or should I go 18' diameter?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: 15' x 48" Intex Pool

How much did it sink? Is it the legs that are sinking or the pool bottom? Was the ground built-up to level in the sinking area?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Hey there BigDave, the legs on one side of the pool sunk almost 2", the ground wasn't built up. When we first put the pool up we were unlevel 1" on the side that started to sink. I hope to prevent this from happening next year, any suggestions?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Did it start low 1" and sink 2" more? Is there any reason the ground would be soft there?

It started low 1" and then sunk almost another 2". I think you have some thing there, the pool was sitting next to my septic tiles, this could be why it sank? So maybe in the new location next year this won't happen. I was wondering if it's a good idea to place some thing under the legs to prevent them from sinking? Do you have any suggestions?

Makes sense, the ground was dug up around the spetic when it was installed and I doubt you'd want to compact it when backfilled. Is another location feasible? It would be eaisiest to put it on level, undisturbed ground. If it must be placed on or near the septic field, you'd need to distribute the weight under the legs over a wider area. Traditional AG pools are built with patio blocks under the verticals dug in flush with the base of the pool. I don't know if this would work with an Intex metal frame type pool as I suspect the legs on a soft side pool move around some. If you do try this, be sure the blocks aren't going to tip up and pierce the liner.

+ Reply to Thread