+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using Kreepy krauly classic on AG vinyl pool

Default Using Kreepy krauly classic on AG vinyl pool

Hi All

First off, i'd like to thank the site in general and all moderators in particular for all the info and help I have been getting just (silently) browsing the site. I have been a 2 year pool owner (actually adopted an AG vinyl pool on a house we bought 2 years ago) and practically all of the know- how I have been doing re: pool care i learned from this forum and others out there. It's just now that I got stumped by a question/problem where I found that it's time to formally register on this great site. Again thank you all.

QUESTION: For these past two seasons I have just been faithfully manually vacuuming my pool almost daily to keep it on decent shape for my kid's regular use. I have been planning/ reading a lot regarding auto pool cleaners and I just found them too expensive/ have not found a good deal online. For my situation I think a vacuum side cleaner is the best/practical way to go... And now friend of mine just gave me a classic Kreepy Krauly but with no hose. My question is can i use it for my pool before I buy the hose. I tried browsing about this for almost a week and have not found a clear answer.

FYI
    Oval pool (3.5 ft shallow end, 4.5 ft deep end)
    Vinyl
    No stairs
    With deck
    Removable ladder

Thanks

Default Re: New but old plus a question: using Kreepy krauly classic on AG vinyl pool

Well, i'll answer my own question: it can apparently be used. I borrowed a friend's plastic hose and set it up with my kreepy krauly classic. It run perfect for 2 different sessions of 2 hour each. End result is very clear/ clean. Much cleaner than when i do it manually every day. It's negative effect on my AG pool vinyly lining? I dunno. I just ordered my own set of hose and will use it judiously and until i get a clearer answer on this.

Thanks

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New but old plus a question: using Kreepy krauly classic on AG vinyl pool

I'm glad you were able to answer your own question; I sure couldn't have!

There are a lot of modifications that might work, but nobody knows for sure, till someone tries it!

Welcome to the forum!

+ Reply to Thread