+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inconsistent results from Aqua-Chem test strips

Default Inconsistent results from Aqua-Chem test strips

I am using Aqua Chem 6 way test strips. Why does my reading show High FC (10) but normal range TC (1-2).

Default Re: New at This

Chlorine test strips of any brand are known here as "guess" strips. They're notoriously unreliable and hard to read. I would not trust the reading you get from them. As the strips age, they get even less reliable. As you appear to be aware (based on your question) TC should be the sum of FC and CC, therefore cannot be lower than FC.

If you can find them in stock at a local walmart you can get an "HTH 6 way" test kit that is drops based. That's a good start, but you'd be far better off ordering a Taylor K-2006 test kit. They're a little pricey, but will save you money in the long run. You'll be able to perform accurate and reliable water testing on your own. Pooldoc wrote up instructions on which kits to get, and where you can order them (most local stores don't stock the K2006). http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...-for-your-Pool
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

membership updated . . .

Links to test kit info, and the "Best Guess" page, in my blue signature block -- they answer questions about testing, why it matters, and how to do it better.

Test strips are not just inconsistent, they are innacurate i.e. inconsistently innacurate. You may, at some point, get a correct reading from one, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    In-ground gunite 16 x 30 13,000 gal. Full screen enclosure. 120 sq ft. Filter cartridge, 1-1/2 HP pump. Master Pools In-floor cleaner. Taylor K-2006.

+ Reply to Thread