+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help why is my pool cloudy again?????

Default Help why is my pool cloudy again?????

I had high alkalinity and low ph. I used muric acid and borax to help balance and the pool finally got clear. A couple of weeks later the pool suddenly became cloudy again, so I added the acid again and I guess I added too much. When testing the water turned red as soon as I put in the alkalinity indicator. I've added borax to raise ph and bleach. The alkalinity is now about 30-40. Ph is below 6.8 and chlorine is 3.

Will the water be cloudy because of low alkalinity and/or PH or is it another problem?

Default Re: Help why is my pool cloudy again?????

You need to post your cya... It's possible your fc is too low. Please post complete test results so people here can help you more effectively. Thanks
    -Eric B. 16x32 rect 14,364 gal AG (Intex Ultra Frame); 14 in sand filter; 1 HP 2800 GPH pump; 8 hrs; Taylor K-2006c, utility water, debris cover
    @Best Guess chart http://pool9.net/cl-cya @K2006 http://pool9.net/testkits

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Help why is my pool cloudy again?????

pH below 6.8 is one if the only "Hurry Fast! Fix it now! Issues we see. So...
    Get some Borax in there ASAP! I can't really answer about the cloud, acidic water is often clear. But...pH below 6.8 can be way below 6.8 and must be corrected.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread