+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the forum

Default New to the forum

My name is Travis. I was looking for answers to problems that have plagued me this season and I decided to join. I'll post more once it becomes easier to post in the appropriate forums. Overall, the green in my pool just won't go away. I went to Florida for a week and came back to a swamp. Over $100 in chemicals (Yellow Out, Turbo shock, etc) later and nothing has changed. I changed out the sand yesterday and still nothing. Been running my pump 24 hours a day for the last 6 days with a chlorine level off the charts the entire time. I still can't see but 6 inches deep and it's still green. I'm just lost.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New to the forum

Hi Travis;

Your membership has been updated.

But, as a matter of policy, I don't allow email addresses containing the words "spam" or "junk". The forum software auto-sends you notifications of replies to your posts, and so on. Some ISPs take sending mail to a "spam" address as evidence that I'm spamming. So, I don't do that. As soon as I post, I will delete the email address from your account. If you don't update it (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/profile...o=editpassword), your registration will be removed the next time I purge users with invalid addresses.

OK. On to pool stuff

Over $100 in chemicals (Yellow Out, Turbo shock, etc) later and nothing has changed.
    You've got chemical hobo soup. Yellow OUT is a *mess* to clean up. You'll need to:

+ Make sure your pH is 7.8 or above.
    + Add chlorine to your pool, using PLAIN 8.25% bleach, in 10 - 12 ppm doses. (You didn't include pool info, so I can't calculate a dose. 1 gallon of PLAIN 8.25% Walmart bleach will add ~10 ppm to a 10K gallon pool, or ~20 ppm to a 5K pool.)

With chlorine "off the charts" . . . you'll have to tell me what 'charts' you're using. Or, better, when you buy bleach at Walmart ALSO get a cheap OTO / phenol red test kit (yellow / red drops). Test with that, and report results. Report colors seen, even if they are NOT the ones on the test block.

Also list what chemicals you've been using, and exact brand names.

Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread