+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Bromine Chemistry Question

Default Re: Bromine Chemisty Question

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    Again, using a PO4 remover ONLY has value if you take the PO4 level down to a measured 125 ppb (0.125 ppm) level OR LESS. Simply lowering the PO4 from 2,000 ppb to 500 ppb is probably useless. Also low PO4 levels only make it EASIER to kill resistant algae; low PO4 does not kill algae by itself.

If you have been successfully maintaining a clear pool on opening without messing with a PO4 remover, using one probably serves no purpose.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Default Re: Bromine Chemisty Question

Hey all! Thanks again SO MUCH for all the help you have given me. The pool has been so easy to maintain this year!

I have a question for you. So far this summer I have been able to use rain to fill but now I need to use my well water. It does contain iron and some kind of iron-bacteria that is best observed as a gelatinous, light-orange growth in our toilet tanks.

I usually attach my hose to an inside spigot which has softened water and attach a Hydopure MetalTrap filter to the end of the hose. The softened water doesn't last the whole fill and if time is not an issue, I will add a half hour per day. Otherwise I just go for it.

I am thinking of adding the well water and then switching my sanitizer from bleach to cal-hypo added to my skimmer in the hopes that the iron will catch on the calcium left on the filter. I currently am metal-free.

What do you think?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread