Closed Thread

Thread: Wood burner heating for swimming pool in England

Anonymous European Guest

Default Wood burner heating for swimming pool in England

Hello, I live in Surrey England and have a pool approx 20x10 ft, 5 ft deep (indoors). Considering a combination of Air source heat pump for summer and a wood burner for winter. Any advice/experience about the wood burner would be appreciated, especially who to purchase from, pro's/cons etc.
    Alternative options also considered, can't do solar panelling on the roof as tall trees too close to the building.

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-11-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: edit title

Volleysi Guest

Default Re: Wood burner heating for swimming pool

There was a nice little wood burner on eBay a while ago, so they do come up, be interested to know how you do I've been search the same ting although my pool is outside.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Wood burner heating for swimming pool in England

Quote Originally Posted by Davidsurrey View Post
    Any advice/experience about the wood burner would be appreciated, especially who to purchase from, pro's/cons etc.
    Unfortunately, that's not information you are likely to find here. Very little information about equipment available in N. America is relevant to you. (I know, I've checked this several times.)

So you need answers from someone in Britain. But we have less than 2 dozen registered users from Britain, and none of them are very 'active'. But, they'd be the only ones with the info you're looking for.

I don't have any recommendations for an alternative Internet location for you. I gather there isn't an effective swimming pool forum based in the UK, or even the EU.

Sorry!
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 05-25-2018 at 08:06 AM.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Wood burner heating for swimming pool in England

May 2018: All European users deleted, and any posts by Europeans anonymized to avoid EU GDPR violations.

Closed Thread