+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Owner of Intex AG and my Vinyl is Separating

Default New Owner of Intex AG and my Vinyl is Separating

I had bubbles in the vinyl at first and then the roving vacuum tore off the top layer. Can I "patch" these spots and where do I buy the material?

==================================

I have completed the questionnaires for a new member, "Liked" PoolForum on FB and have posted a question on the forum about my pool. My I please get my post approved?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Owner of Intex AG and my Vinyl is Separating

That is logical but unfortunately, I am the new owner because I just bought the house where the pool is located. I'm guessing the pool is approximately 6-8 years old.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Owner of Intex AG and my Vinyl is Separating

Bubbling vinyl on a 6+ year old Intex pool is likely delamination of a multi-layer pool wall, and is not really something you can patch. I'm amazed that the pool has lasted so long. I can only suggest replacing it.

I'd recommend keeping it open this year as long as you are using it, or till it fails, whichever comes first, and planning to replace it for next year.

Even better, buy a replacement now. The physical inventory of stores carrying such pools is being 'clearanced', and you are likely to find an up to 21' round pool for half price or less. BUT, try to put it up this year, even if you don't use it long, so you can inspect for warranty problems. This is a good idea with Intex pools, but essential with Summer Escapes, since there's essentially no warranty after the 30 day return-to-Walmart interval expires.

Regardless, getting 6 years of use out of an Intex pool is a GREAT deal.

+ Reply to Thread