+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Pump Not Working...

Default Pool Pump Not Working...

came home from vacation with a clear, but dirty pool. my pool pump crapped out while we were away. if I give it power and flip the switch it just hums...

the pump is a waterway 2 speed pump model number PB2200-6PP it looks like the motor is actually an A.O. smith motor. can anyone help me locate a replacement from a good online retailer? I've been searching online myself and am overwhelmed by the number of pumps and the prices seem to be all over the place. also, I don't need a 2 speed pump as I only ran it on low anyways. this is for an 18ft above ground pool.

I can provide more info and photos if the model number alone doesn't help. thanks for the help!!!
    18' round 7.5K gal AG vinyl pool; bleach; waterway cartridge filter; waterway pump; 12hrs; taylor k-2005 and taylor k-1515a; utility water ; summer: none; winter: none; ; PF:16

Default Re: Pool Pump Not Working...

I bought a motor last year. I can't recall where I got it, but I searched the motor part number and checked several suppliers. Use the numbers from the motor plate. Check shipping charges. Most websites will have a look up function. I bought a US Motors replacement for my 1 1/2 hp AO Smith. If you can read the plate, the motor p/n will be on the pump parts list.

Where in Florida? Dave's pump repair in Ocala is the bomb! (I'm not affiliated). If it hums, it may just be a start capacitor gone bad. Lightning is notorious for taking them out. If you're not near Dave's, I'd try a local pool pump shop first. Dave rebuilt my whole pump - new motor bearings, impeller, diffuser, seals, etc. for $150 while I waited and watched. I'm a pretty handy guy, but I'd take my unit in before messing with it again. I don't think I could get the parts for that much.
    In-ground gunite 16 x 30 13,000 gal. Full screen enclosure. 120 sq ft. Filter cartridge, 1-1/2 HP pump. Master Pools In-floor cleaner. Taylor K-2006.

Backyardpoolsuperstore.com (free shipping)
    In-ground gunite 16 x 30 13,000 gal. Full screen enclosure. 120 sq ft. Filter cartridge, 1-1/2 HP pump. Master Pools In-floor cleaner. Taylor K-2006.

Before you order a new motor, see if you can spin the motor by hand. If you can, then check the capacitor if it has one. That will sometimes cause what you are reporting.
    15' round 4.8K gal Intex AG pool; Intex 633 pump with twin canisters (2500 gph main filtering); Unicel 5315 filter cartridges; Intex 637 pump w/o filter (1000 gph heater circulation); 4hrs; K-2006; utility water; PF:24

+ Reply to Thread