+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test Results - I'm about to give up :(

Exclamation Test Results - I'm about to give up :(

I have an AG pool approx 8000gal. I opened it several weeks ago and treated it with the bbb method and it was perfect. It turned green and I treated it and its blue but VERY cloudy. Its been like this for alittle over a week. I've been shocking it up to the level using Bens best guess chart, scrubbing, etc...still nothing. When I brush it the water turns green again but not as green as it was and it doesn't last long. I also have had the filter running 24/7 for the past 2 weeks! I just purchased the Hayward automatic pool cleaner, diver dave. Dave is in there now working for me to try and get this pool clear! He was in there for approx 30 min and I noticed he wasn't moving anymore, I went out there and saw the pressure was low so I backwashed the filter and all the nasty junk came out which was ALOT. Mind you, I backwashed it just before I put Dave in there, so I hope this means that Dave is working!!! I had a few small leaves come out but nothing major as we have no trees around us. Here are my test results:

CYA 60
    PH 7.6
    Chlorine 10-11
    Alk 200

Any information, thoughts, suggestions, tips, tricks, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated! I was being so patient but I haven't seen results so I'm starting to give up. I need a kick in the rear!!

TIA

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Test Results - I'm about to give up :(

Take your chlorine on up to 15ppm. Test 2-3x a day and each time, bring your chlorine level back up to 15. Try not to let the level fall. If you are still not seeing much progress after a few days, try shocking it up to 20 for a few day. Keep the pump running.

+ Reply to Thread