+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backwash - How to?

Default Backwash - How to?

Hey,

I just bought a house with pool and i have no idea how to use pump and all those stuff. I am tired of cleaning the container manually so i found out that there is this option backwash. When i choose that option, the water i coming out of the pool and thru the hose. Is this suppose to be like that? Please tell me more about the backwash function. What should i do to clean the whole big conatiner automaticly. I need a fast response. Thanks.

Darek

Default Re: Backwash - How to?

Basically it runs pool water backwards through the filter to push the dirt out, and that dirt and water runs out a hose or another drain line. Typically you backwash somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes depending on how dirty the filter is. Check out this thread for more info

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=1984

Hope this helps.

OK thats how i did it but the the pressure is over 15 and clean water is coming out of the hose. So basically the water goes from the pool thru the hose and out and i loose water ;(. So you are saying that the water should go thru the pump the to the big container and the out thru the hose but i think mine goes thrue the pump the straight to the hose. It doesnt go thru the big conatiner. Thats what i think.

I did everything correctly and i dont know why but clean water was coming out of the hose. I lost like 1 or 2 inches of water in the pool. Yes the pressure came back to 10 but after 5 mins it went back to 20. My pool has 20k gallons. I decided to buy a TigerShark. Will it help?

It should go from teh pump to the filter to the waste line. It sounds like your is just going from the pump to the waste line. Usually you have to switch a valve (while the pump is off) to backwash to get the water to flow backwards through the filter and then out to waste. And yes you do dump a pretty good amount of water backwashing the filter.

+ Reply to Thread