+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question regarding login.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Question regarding login.

It seems that there's a pretty short time out on the login, every time I get a longer post going or I have to spread teh typing out between work, I am logged out when I go to post...
    Anything that can be done?
    No rush, I know you're busy and fully understand.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4
    It seems that there's a pretty short time out on the login, every time I get a longer post going or I have to spread the typing out between work, I am logged out when I go to post...
    Hi Matt;

The time-out is a security measure in vBulletin. I'm sure it can be reset somewhere, but I haven't seen that yet . . . and it affects me, as well. Probably the best option is to type long responses in NotePad or some other text editor, and then paste them in place (Control-V) all at once. That's what I do, when I'm writing FAQs or anything I know I won't finish quickly.

Also, you might try allowing the Forum to set a cookie with your password (the "remember me" option on the login in page). That may keep you from losing your post when you log back in -- but I'm not sure; I haven't tried that.

Ben

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I think Ben is right about setting the cookie. I access the forum from both home and work and at home I never time out. I have checked the remember me box at home. At work I have not (don't want the bosses to know I'm goofing off!) and I time out!

+ Reply to Thread