+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help with balancing pool

Default Re: Help with balancing pool

Well I have the 6 way from hth and I just did the cya test but again tube only goes to 30 and that wasn't enough to make the black dot on bottom disappear
    3.8kgal 15' x 42" AG pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

That means you have a CYA level of less than 30 ppm. IF solution was completely clear, it means you have a CYA level of less than 10 ppm

Solution was a little cloudy . Do I need to do something about that? Also on the 6 way test kit for the cl and ph test do you have to let it sit for a while in the test tubes to read or can you read it as soon as you add the drips and mix . Also pool is clear but has a little green shade to it what could that be and how could I get rid of it
    3.8kgal 15' x 42" AG pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ "a little cloudy" = CYA > 0 but CYA < 30 ppm - you need more. Do you have dichlor? Did you read the SS recipe page?

+ read both pH & chlorine instantly; OTO chlorine test reads free chlorine instantly, total chlorine (free + combined) after 1 minute or so.

+ Green shade? increase your chlorine doses; run your filter as much as possible.

+ Reply to Thread