+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool-O-Morphosis

Hybrid View

Default Pool-O-Morphosis

Here's a few pics of my swamp project.

Oh... don't think I can post pics. Do we have to external link?

Default Re: Pool-O-Morphosis

The beginning...

Removing the cover...

Hey look... dirt!

And deep muck!

I think we're going to need a bigger sump pump!

Getting cleaner by the day.... only another week or three until WATER!

My sump pump took it down to about 12-16 inches. The concentrated muck was just too thick for the pump. It reminded me of tar in color and consistency. I'll leave the rest up to the imagination. I got in there with a shovel and a 5 gallon bucket to get the rest out.

The plaster is badly stained, but I'm going to fill it up first and confirm how the rest of the mechanics are working before determining just how far to go. Before filling it up I need to replace 27 contiguous tiles that were improperly installed. They used ceramic tile, there were huge voids behind the tiles, and they used a rubbery adhesive to hold them on. There's already 3 different tile designs around the pool, so looks aren't what I'm worried about yet. More pictures as I progress.

Watermom is offline Super Moderator Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Good looking progress, can't wait to see the renewed pool.

Getting closer. The new light came today. Bought it from a Utah company at http://www.sunplay.com for $199.95, which was about $20 cheaper than the best price on Amazon, and $100 cheaper than any brick and mortar stores around here. Free shipping and no California sales tax (another $19 additional), which we've started to have to pay when dealing with Amazon. It's a Pentair Amerlite 300 Watt Pool Light 78928500 - 100 Foot Cord.

Now I need to get a pile of chemicals for the big day. I did some tap water testing and found it to be MUCH softer than I had anticipated.

PH 7.8
    CH 40
    TA <30

I'm shocked that the CH was that low. I'm hoping the test kit I just bought will be accurate enough to get things up and running until I can afford a better one. It's a Wal-Mart HTH 6-way.

I'm estimating that the pool holds about 25,000 gallons, and is in full sun. Anyone want to make a fair guess as to what and how much I'll be wanting to have on hand when I fill er up?

+ Reply to Thread