+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green Tint

Default Green Tint

I have everything in line as far as numbers, testing just done and had 1 fc low but normal for overnight loss 0 cc 7.5 ph 90 ta and 40 cya.
    when I add bleach the water turns green, if I let all the chlorine go out the water clears up but adding the 2 quarts to bring the fc up to the 4 tints the water, water pulled from fresh water stream in my front yard so there shouldn't be any metals in it to be an issue.......... any ideas
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

Default Re: Green Tint

Nobody?.... not even a guess?
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps

I think everyone is busy (either fixing or enjoying pools). :-)
    I don't think it's a safe assumption to make that a stream contains no metals. My guess is that a stream is very likely to contain metals. I have read elsewhere that iron can turn the water green, so I would check threads for metals and try to determine if iron is the culprit. My knowledge on this is very limited, but that's where I would start if it were me.
    -Eric B. 16x32 rect 14,364 gal AG (Intex Ultra Frame); 14 in sand filter; 1 HP 2800 GPH pump; 8 hrs; Taylor K-2006c, utility water, debris cover
    @Best Guess chart http://pool9.net/cl-cya @K2006 http://pool9.net/testkits

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Happens to me ALL the time... At this point, Ive simply gotten used to seeing the tint... My pool fill water is via a well system.... When my FC levels hit the 6-8 range, the tint returns,,, when the FC level drops, the stain disappears... If anything, Ive noticed that keeping my PH Levels on the low side helps a bit (7.2-7.4)
    But try this:
    When the pool tints, grab a Vit C tablet and simply rub it on the side wall of the pool....if you see a stain disappear (it will be instant), you're dealing with a metals issue...
    18' AG Vinyl--7K--Hayward Power Flo 1HP-- 166 Sand filter--Taylor 2006--BBB "junkie"

+ Reply to Thread