+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I have calcium on the bottom of my liner.

Default I think I have calcium on the bottom of my liner.

I have calcium on the bottom of my liner

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: DJNerat

Tell us what type of pool you have, the volume, size of pump, type of filter. We also need to see current water testing results taken with a drops-based kit. (Not test strips.)

Lastly, tell us what all you have put in the pool meaning ingredients and not just product names or 'shock.'

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: I think I have calcium on the bottom of my liner.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNerat View Post
    I have calcium on the bottom of my liner
    How do you know it's calcium? (I know how to tell for sure, but few pool owners or pool dealers know.)

What does it look like or feel like?

What are your pH / alkalinity / calcium levels? Do you have a K2006 test kit yet?

Have you been using calcium hypochlorite granular chlorine a lot?

(membership upgraded.)

It is grayish and rough. Does not come off with brushing. Ph 7.8 Hardness280 Alkalinity 130 my FC is not reading and CYA never lost the black dot on bottom of vial. I have a hth 6 way test kit,but not real sure how to read it.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Get a small amount of pH Minus (aka dry acid, etc.). Put about 1/4 cup in a baggie. Swim the baggie down, and open it on top of a scaly spot. Get out of the pool and watch. If it's calcium (carbonate) it will fix, and will probably remove the calcium in that spot.

Don't leave the acid sitting there more than 15 minutes -- brush it around and dissolve it, after that.

Thanks I will try that and let you no what happens. If it does take it off then what I need to do?

We'll discuss it then -- but you'll need test results from a K2006 test kit first. How the problem should be handled depends on various levels in your pool. (K2006 testkits @ Amazon - link in my signature)

+ Reply to Thread