+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump flow rate insufficient for saltwater system

Default Pump flow rate insufficient for saltwater system

I got a saltwater system for my 10' Intek pool and I neglected to look at the flow rate requirement for the system I purchased. It requires a minimum of 1500gal/hr with a pump that only does 500 is it possible to use this system? Will it just have to operate longer to achieve the same results? Thanks!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pump flow rate insufficient for saltwater system

I honestly have no idea; I don't know what the flow rate requirement for an SWCG (Salt Water Chlorine Generator) system is based on.

The problem is, if your SWCG has a flow switch, the unit may simply fail to turn 'on', without the sufficient flow to trigger the switch.

If you post exact models for your pump/filter and for your SWCG, someone might know.

But, honestly, for a 10' pool, the easiest thing might be to store the SWCG till you get a bigger pool, and to use the "Super Simple" recipe for now: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?17055

+ Reply to Thread