We have a 22,000 gallon pool that was maintained as a salt pool by a Del product that is no longer manufactured. When it bit the dust, we tried to maintain as a normal chlorine pool for awhile but fought algae and chemistry constantly. We decided to buy a new generator and settled on a Circupool rj30 which is supposed to be good for 30,000 gallons. Since installing it 4 months ago, we have not been able to maintain a good chlorine level in our pool and have been battling algae blooms again. If we rely completely on the generator, running it 8 hours a day at 70%, our levels will read 0 ppm. We bumped it up to 12 hours at 80 % - same problems. Multiple calls to the company had them blaming chemistry. We tested it and adjusted levels. Phosphates and nitrates were in acceptable ranges for normal chemistry but the company kept insisting that those low levels were 'consuming' all the chlorine or that our pool had an abnormally high chlorine demand. We installed a valve 12 inches downstream of the salt cell. Pulling a sample directly from there yields a chlorine test of 0 ppm. I don't see how the chlorine can be consumed that quickly while the cell is operating. They claim it is because of a 'chlorine cloud' you can see in the cell, but testing just 12 inches away shows no chlorine. After only having the unit for 4 months and spending hundreds on extra chlorine, we had it and tried to ask for a refund. The unit has a 7 year limited warranty which is part of why we bought it. They are only offering an 80% refund. My question is this - does what they are saying seem logical? I don't want to go buy a new unit from someone else to still have problems but we ran a unit for 4 years without any of these issues on the same pool so I'm really confused. Any advice is appreciated!!