+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better vacuum options?

Default Better vacuum options?

All,

I have an Intex soft side pool (not the blow up type, but the one with the metal railing system.) this is our second year using it and it has been a great pool. I have a quick question about the vacuum system they use. You hook it up to your garden hose and it creates the suction this way. Only problem is you're adding 50 degree water to the pool everytime you vacuum. Is there another option I can use? I'm not sure what else I can use? I'd be willing to pay for a better system, but I'm not sure there is anything else available.

Thanks as always in advance.

Paul

Default Re: Better vacuum options?

Not sure what anyone else will offer, but I have a Water Tech Catfish that I got at Menards for under $100 that I really like. It's quick, easy, and inexpensive. I use it way more often than the skimmer vac. Not real powerful, but it removes all of the debris in my pool... More fun to vacuum while swimming too (not that you have to use it that way.) It's battery operated, and a single charge is plenty of juice to get my pool tidied up.
    -Eric B. 16x32 rect 14,364 gal AG (Intex Ultra Frame); 14 in sand filter; 1 HP 2800 GPH pump; 8 hrs; Taylor K-2006c, utility water, debris cover
    @Best Guess chart http://pool9.net/cl-cya @K2006 http://pool9.net/testkits

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Another idea shared by one of the forum members is explained in the section of the forum called Intex- type Pools Setup and Operations. It is one of the stickied threads at the top.

I also have a catfish that is rechargeable. Works great. Also an MX8 Works ok had to have an expensive overhaul after 1 year. Once it goes again......into the trash.
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

+ Reply to Thread