+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fine dirt in pool

Default Fine dirt in pool

For some time now I have had some fine debris in the pool. I leave the Polaris in the wall. The screen has some debris in it daily. I vacuumed the fine dirt out last night...turned the pump off for the night...the pool is still clean this morning. When I turn the pump back on for today after a few hours there will be fine dirt gathered along the seams of the liner. It doesn't appear to be sand...just very fine dark dirt. I had some problems with air in the pump basket. I have replaced some of the PVC fittings and reglued some. This helped a lot with the air. when i turn the pump on in the morning air rushes into the basket. After it is on a few minutes it is almost gone. I replaced the multi port 2 seasons ago and it still springs back good. There is no water leaking into the backwash hose. I have not replaced the soft tubing that is on the Polaris motor and the fittings there. Maybe some air is leaking in there.could air be causing the dirt to come back into the pool? Any thoughts?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Fine dirt in pool

Sorry you didn't get a reply. We got pretty stacked up with new registrations but are hopefully finally getting caught up!

I will let someone else address your pump questions. But, in regards to the dirt back on the floor after you vacuum, that is pretty common. It often happens in my pool as well. No matter how slowly I move the vac head so as not to stir the dirt up, some of it still manages to get caught up in the suspension of the water. Then, when the water quiets back down, it settles back down to the pool floor. No big deal. It is nearly impossible to have a pool with absolutely no dirt in it.

Hope someone else will be along shortly who can advise you about your pump.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Fine dirt in pool

Do you have a DE filter?

Fine dirt can be many things, but two common problems are

1. DE powder leaking out of a filter needing service.

2. Pollen or dead algae leaking THROUGH a sand filter needing service (often, more sand).

+ Reply to Thread