+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing cracks in pool waterfall

Question Fixing cracks in pool waterfall

Hello,

We just moved into a new home and im trying to fix a few issues with the pool. My current problem is these cracks in the waterfall from the hot tub into the pool. Water is getting inside the cracks and coming out by the side of the pool.

Pictures here http://imgur.com/a/jIsJG

Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use to fill in the spaces so water stops leaking through? I wasn't sure if either use a expoy or cement.

Thank you for any advice.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Fixing cracks in pool waterfall

Sorry you didn't get a reply, but maybe late is better than never, right? We have just about gotten caught up after getting behind with so many new members registering all at the same time.

Let us know if you are still around and still need help and we will see if someone can give you some advice.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Still around. Haven't gotten around to fixing it, kinda put it on the back burner but if someone knows the correct way to fill the cracks, ill take a shot.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It looks to me like you need to have the stone lifted, the voids underneath filled, and then the stone reinstalled and properly grouted.

I think you may want to see if you can get a stone mason, familiar with that particular type of stone.

You can patch with epoxy putty, like this:
    Atlas Min. & Chem. 530318 Pool Putty White 14 Oz.
    but it wouldn't look great, and you might have a hard time getting all the epoxy off, when you did fix it 'right'.

Marin is offline In the pool biz Thread Analyst Marin 2 stars Marin 2 stars

The spillover should be one stone, not several. The sides need to be patched also. Easy job if you know what you're doing, disaster if you don't. Ben's suggestion is sound.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I know you didn't ask about this... but... your water looks kinda green in the pix. Are you maintaining adequate FC for your CYA?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread