+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 33' Round above ground pool liner pulling out of bead

Default 33' Round above ground pool liner pulling out of bead

We have a 33' round above ground pool and when we opened it the liner (beaded liner) had pulled away from several spots. My husband emptied all of the water, totally cleaned it out and corrected the liner and reinstalled where needed and then began to refill the pool. 24 hours later he went to go out and check on it after church and in ONE spot above the skimmer it pulled away again! Now with it filled up to our knees and it's pulling the side in with it as it pulls away and causing wrinkles in the liner in the bottom of the pool. Any tips or tricks in fixing this? Do we really have to completely empty the pool AGAIN and start over?! HELP.. I have 8 kids needing to swim their energy out!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: 33' Round above ground pool liner

I have asked our resident liner expert to look in on this. Can't guarantee how quick he will get to it, though. This is his busy season at work of course!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much, I understand completely and appreciate any response at all!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

membership updated.

How old is your liner? If "Waste" replies, knowing that will help him judge what options you have.

Also you may want to wait on filling further, till you resolve your liner problems. Meanwhile, add some -- maybe 1/2 gallon -- of bleach to the pool every evening. You can skip doses if an OTO (yellow drops) shows a dark yellow result.

posguy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst posguy 0

Default Re: 33' Round above ground pool liner pulling out of bead

Im no pro but maybe I can help....

If the liner is not new, it may have lost its elasticity. Usually, a liner will stretch in temps above 80. When I had to do a repair in my pool, I had to hook up a garden hose to my hot water heater and sprayed the sections I needed to get back on. The hot water will assist the liner in stretching. The other thing is they make "liner lock" or "bead lock". You insert this behind the bead to prevent the bead from slipping out.

Good luck

Default Re: 33' Round above ground pool liner pulling out of bead

I'm no pro either, but don't let it fill over night. Fill only on warm days and check every 30 minutes. Once the bead pops out, turn off the water, pour hot water over the exposed area and stretch it back in place. Do whatever you need to do to keep it in place, even use duct tape if you do not have bead lock to hold it down till full. Remove the duct tape cautiously or let it come off on its own.

+ Reply to Thread