+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hayward pump cutting out several times a day - is this normal?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hayward pump cutting out several times a day - is this normal?

Most places in New Jersey are going to be fairly close to an industrial bearing & seals shop -- ID'ing them can be a trick, since they tend to not have big signs or bill boards. (The one in Chattanooga may not even have a sign, I can't remember.) But if it's like the shop I use, you can carry the bearing in and they'll match it.

Your advice is well taken, Pappy - thanks for the feedback. I think you & I are on the same page regarding the bearings.

Now I just need to find a 3-arm bearing puller and a strap wrench (to hold the impeller).

One more thing: I have read that it's recommended that when one replaces the bearings, it's also a good idea to replace the "shaft seal". I'm planning on doing that.
    30K IG pool/ Hayward Super pump SP2607X10 wired 220V; timer from 8am-8pm; Hayward S-240 sand filter; new multiport valve; normal psi 24psi.

I appreciate your thoughts, PoolDoc - I didn't see them until just now. See my exchange w/ Pappy.
    Amazon has a good item here for $12.82 (hope it's OK to post this link):
    http://www.amazon.com/QuadBoss-6203-...UST+1102+motor
    30K IG pool/ Hayward Super pump SP2607X10 wired 220V; timer from 8am-8pm; Hayward S-240 sand filter; new multiport valve; normal psi 24psi.

+ Reply to Thread