Thread: Small rip in the seam next to drain hole.

Default Small rip in the seam next to drain hole.

We have a small rip in seam next to drain hole. How do we fix this so it stay's fixed. We have two pool repair kit's, one small and one about 3" square. Thank's Ned. Oh the rip is small.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Small rip in the seam next to drain hole.

Hi, Ned, and welcome to the Pool Forum! I have sent a link to this thread to our support team member who is a pool installer. He (Waste aka Ted) will hopefully have time to look at your question and give you some advice. (It is his busy season, however, so he may not get to it immediately.)

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Small rip in the seam next to drain hole.

Ned, Welcome to The Forum!

Please take a look at the first sticky in the In-ground Construction and Repair section. Then tell me a little more about your patch kits and also the proximity of the rip (possible seam failure, which would be under a warranty) to the drain face plate. Also, do you have access to SCUBA gear and the knowledge to safely use it?

I wish you well with this issue and will check every day or 2 to see if you need further advice.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries