+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning Utensils - Do I need these?

Default Cleaning Utensils - Do I need these?

Namco added on these extras cleaning utensils - long thin brush, diamond shapped brush. Which do I need? How often should I scrub?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Cleaning Utensils - Do I need these?

Perhaps referring to a vacuum brush?

Coopns, it depends a bit on whether you have vinyl, gunnite, or cement walls in your pool, but generally speaking you have three main tools in your pool-cleaning arsenal; a net, a brush (probably the one you're calling 'the long thin brush' and a vacuum. I believe the 'diamond head brush' you're talking about is the brush that attaches to the end of the vacuum hose, they are often shaped like pentagons or diamonds and such, and will have a hole in the middle you can attach a tube to.

Again, generally speaking, you usually want to net out stuff floating on top of the water every day, and vacuum like once a week or so, though that will all depend on your location to (if there isn't a tree within miles of your pool you won't have to clean it nearly as often as someone who lives in the middle of the forest).

I notice you said 'scrub', if you're talking about scrubbing a gunnite or cement pool I don't know much about that...but if you're just talking about brushing down a vinyl or fiberglass pool, I like to do it as often as possible, every day or two. It helps get algae off the bottom so it can't get a foothold, and also so your filter can suck more of it up.

+ Reply to Thread