+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japanese beetles

Default Japanese beetles

I have a pool that seems to be infested with Japanese beetles. I clean it every day and the next morning it seems as if there are twice as many in there as there were the day before. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. Any one have any tips on how to get rid of these very annoying pests? I know I could cover the pool when not in use, but I am curious to see if there is something else I could do without taking the cover on and off everyday. Thanks.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Japanese beetles

i don't know how to get rid of them but I wonder if you left a pool noodle in the pool, if they would all be on the noodle in the morning? You could just take the noodle out in the and all the beetles with it. At least it would be quicker than having to net them all out.

Hopefully someone will have an idea to help you get rid of them.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Japanese beetles

Some years ago, we had Japanese beetles destroying our azaleas, I bought a couple traps (yellow cards that hang in the yard with a bag the beetles can't escape) we put them in the yard well away from the azaleas. Several bags full of bugs later and our bushes were saved.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread