+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't get bottom flat, can pool bottom be slightly concave/bowl shaped?

Default Can't get bottom flat, can pool bottom be slightly concave/bowl shaped?

Hi. Instead of making a mulch bed for my 16' round Intex pool, I'm using the deck platform I made last year. The studs are warped a bit, and while I can get them somewhat straight with shims, I fear they'll be a little bowl-shaped once everything settles. I'm finding that if I put a longer shim under a stud, it lifts up the other side and pulls it out of level.

What implications will a concave shape have on the pool? I don't know how to attach a picture, so imagine a16' across octagon-shaped deck with the studs 12" on center, supported by shims to level it and keep them from bowing under the weight, and 2-layers of 1/2" plywood. --Thanks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Can't get bottom flat, can pool bottom be slightly concave/bowl shaped?

You can use flicker, picassa, or the like to post a pic (faster) or email it to poolforum.com and reference the url of this thread.

Default Re: Can't get bottom flat, can pool bottom be slightly concave/bowl shaped?

You'll need to walk me through it a little more than that. Don't have flicker or use picassa. Just iphoto.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Is it a metal frame pool or an Easy-Set?
    How much deflection?
    I dished out my 15' Intex donut without trouble.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Sorry, it's a 16' Intex, Ultra I blieve... a frame pool with vinyl sides.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I think metal frame pools may be more at risk as the bottom could pull the frame out of plumb. I would guess that an inch or two of deflection would be OK.

+ Reply to Thread