+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shocked turned my pool green.. help!!

Default shocked turned my pool green.. help!!

Hi all, I am a new pool owner.. I filled up my pool via well water.. It looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL, until I put in the shock, that is!! Within minutes it turned green. What's up with that?? From what I've been reading it looks as if I have either iron or copper?? If so, what do I do to get rid of that?? All my numbers are reading ok, I need help!!! lol.. Specific product name and where to get it would be especially helpful

Thanks everyone!!
    Nicole

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: shocked turned my pool green.. help!!

You will have to get a sequestering agent like "metal free" or "sequasol", or "Jack's Magic". You can get them on the web, or at a pool store - it is sometimes called a stain and scale preventor. Keep your ph at 7.2 for now, and don't shock again for 2 weeks after putting in the sequestering agent. Keep your filter running 24/7. Let us know what happens. You have to post all of your numbers, chlorine, combined chlorine, ph, alkalinity, calcium and cya. All of these numbers work to let us know what you should put in your pool.
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

+ Reply to Thread