+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New IG Pool Help -- Liner floating repeatedly

Default New IG Pool Help -- Liner floating repeatedly

I had an IG pool put in. The job started July 2012 and is still yet not completed. Over the winter, I kept pumping water from the cover. Unknown to me, the cover that the pool company used had holes. Therefore, as I pumped water from the cover it slowly started draining the pool. We had tons of rain this Spring and when the cover was removed the liner had lifted and vermiculite was damaged underneath. The pool company fixed the vermiculite and put liner back in place. We filled the pool immediately a for a second time, using water trucks because we have well water, and noticed the vermiculite gave way again in the same spot. Rather than drain the pool again, the pool company recommended leaving it alone until the end of the summer so we can at least finally get to use the pool. They agreed to fix the vermiculite again at that time.

I know its nobody's fault but mother nature for the liner lifting due to water problems. However, my concern is that the brand new liner will have to be reset for a second time and am worried I might need a new liner. Is the pool company responsible for that or am I? Also, we will have to pay for water trucks again at the end of the summer. Again, who is responsible for the cost?

The pavers have been on hold until this pool is completed so rain soaks right into the dirt and filters toward the pool. The digging for the electrical (lights in pool and filter) was done this spring. I am sure this made the rain water easier to do more damage.

This pool has taken almost a year and we have still not been able to use it because it is not completed. I am beyond frustrated. The water problems just add to my frustration.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New IG Pool Help

I think you are going to have to be careful to keep the pool over-filled during the winter, and make sure that the cover is keep high and almost dry. This will require some careful winterizing of the skimmer, since it will be flooded and subject to freeze damage. You'll probably need to use one of these:
    Gizzmo MWUG Ultra Skimmer Freeze Protection with Blowout Valve, 18-Inch
    and stuff some pool noodles through the throat of the skimmer.

+ Reply to Thread