+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Questions about how to care for my Intex Pool

Default General Questions about how to care for my Intex Pool

Hello, I recently purchased an 18 foot round metal frame intex pool with a vinyl liner. I have started filling it with water and am following the super simple chemistry plan posted under the chemistry care for Intex pools. So far so good. I am curious as to what the best vacuum would be for this pool? I have seen battery operated ones and pump operated ones, and I'm just totally in the dark as to what would be best. Also, I keep reading about skimmers and chlorine tablets. I was going to purchase the Kemtek dichlor from Amazon, but I am not sure if i should use tablets that go in a skimmer or powder I add myself. I don't mind doing it myself, just wondering what is best.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: General Questions about how to care for my Intex Pool

Use dichlor for now; make a decision about the trichlor later. The "Super-Simple" recipe is not necessarily the 'best' way for you to do your pool. Instead, I wrote it as a *good* way for you to take care of your pool *while* you are learning how. Getting a handle on pool care, usually takes a season, even with our help. Using the SS recipe lets you use your pool, fairly cheaply and really easily, right from the start.

Best vacuum? I dunno.

I will say the battery operated one that a few users have reported on is the only one I've heard consistently good things about. Most Intex systems do not have a strong enough pump to support a true skimmer and skimmer connected vacuum.

+ Reply to Thread