+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 extra slat in my wall

Default 1 extra slat in my wall

Finished assembing the wall and started laying down the foam. I have 2 extra slats in the wall by error and am going to pull one out at the far end, but im dont want to pull the other out in the near end since the foam is installed there and secured. So when done i will have one extra slat in my wall which is an error. Manual says it will fail, but does anyone have experience, can i get away with 1 extra slat? The wall feels real sturdy.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: 1 extra slat in my wall

I have no idea. I am going to ask Waste (aka Ted) to take a look at your question. He is one of our support team members and also a pool installer. His schedule keeps him pretty busy so I can't promise you when he will get to look at your post, but I'll send the request to him. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it is quick!

Thanks, I'll keep checking for a reply

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Cool Re: 1 extra slat in my wall

You MUST! take the other extra section out! Your liner was made to fit a specifically shaped pool and will not last long if installed in a pool that doesn't match it's specifications.

IMO- the wall foam is NOT as important as the liner fitting correctly!

Just make a vertical cut on the wallfoam (from top to bottom) and remove the extraneous panel. Then, overlap the foam, cut it on the overlap and remove the cut foam. Then, use duct tape to fully unite the two sections.

If you need more info from me, I'll answer.

(Thanks for the "heads-up" Lisa )
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Ugh! It took me 6 hours to remove the one slat in the deep end. I had to dig out the compacted top soil in order to shorten the radius. And on the shallow end, the foam is not wall foam it’s 1” foam on the pool bottom. This is what I want to do….
    Since this is a hopper bottom liner, it may not be made specifically for this pool (they gave me a dig sheet). I will snap it into the liner track and if it comes up short, I will remove it and then take 1 slat out of the shallow end curved side. If it seems to fit without stretching, I keep it as is. The walls right now do not have the top ledges on and no water in it and it feels extremely sturdy and that’s because for this pool when I dug the deep end the instructions said I need an 1.5’w x2’d x 10’L concrete trench on each straight side and secure the main beams to it with anchor bolts.

+ Reply to Thread