Hi,

Today's test results using Taylor K-2006: FC: 2 ppm, CC: 0.0, pH: 7.4, Alkalinity: 100, CYA: 30, Borates: 50

Because we've had a lot of rain and have to drain the pool frequently, the CYA/FC levels keep getting low. When it is not raining, we have intense sun/UV levels.

I've been aiming for 50-60 ppm CYA and 6 ppm FC, but the CYA keeps dropping down to 20-30 ppm and FC drops to 2- ppm when we have to drain the pool. So far, I have been using Dichlor for FC /CYA and sometimes granular stabilizer to increase CYA alone. I use bleach when CYA stays steady. The only other chemicals used are Borax, Baking Soda, MA & Polyquat 60 (rarely)

Should I try using Trichlor tabs? When should I use it? Is there a way to calculate how much CYA and FC each tab will contribute? And how long does each tab take to dissolve? Should I use a floater with the big 3" tabs or add the little 1" tabs directly to the skimmer?

Thanks!
Peggy

NEW POOL INFO: 14' round 4k gal AG vinyl Intex pool, 1 speed Intex SF 15110 SAND filter/pump; 6-8 hrs/day. Taylor K2006, utility water, no cover, fountain used only to adjust pH/Alkalinity

POOL INFO, BELOW, IS NOT ACCURATE (submitted a new Pool Chart Form today)